• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC for a M105A2???

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just "won" a M105A2 at Ft. Riley, I got a email that I have 7 days to apply for an EUC for it, when did this start, I have picked up a half dozen trailers from there in the last two years and this is the first time for a EUC, I didn't even have one on my wrecker!
James G.

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was told recently that some versions of the 900 series trucks did not require EUC while others did. It just depended on what version, and what it was used for. I remember there were some that came out of Norfolk, Va. that were like that earlier this year. Perhaps this it is the same for these. I have never seen one that required an EUC though.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On a recent GL win I had, an EUC was required(was stated in description). The lot consisted of a deuce radiator and two alternators! It took about 45 days to go through(not my first euc either)
I guess the Military knows that if used carefully, the arcing from the output of two alternators applied to the copper core of the radiator could create a dramatic flash which could be used to temporarily blind a person in which during that brief flash you could overtake a high security site gaining access to somewhere that would normally be impenetrable!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: EUC for a M105A2???

doghead said:
On a recent GL win I had, an EUC was required(was stated in description). The lot consisted of a deuce radiator and two alternators! It took about 45 days to go through(not my first euc either) I guess the Military knows that if used carefully, the arcing from the output of two alternators applied to the copper core of the radiator could create a dramatic flash which could be used to temporarily blind a person in which during that brief flash you could overtake a high security site gaining access to somewhere that would normally be impenetrable!
That's awesome! rofl

You would have to hand crank, the lot didn't include a motor....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: EUC for a M105A2???

You would have to hand crank, the lot didn't include a motor....
Negitive on the hand crank! Neither one had the pulleys installed, so just sit on the end of one shaft and spin the other one between your toes in the other direction! (wired in series of course for maximum voltage)

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: EUC for a M105A2???

doghead said:
Negitive on the hand crank! Neither one had the pulleys installed, so just sit on the end of one shaft and spin the other one between your toes in the other direction! (wired in series of course for maximum voltage)
Apparently still just as deadly and a danger to the USA and our way of life! even without pulleys!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I was perusing GL yesterday and saw two identical type of trailers at two different sites.
I won't mention which sites to keep from getting torpedoed :shock:
One required EUC one didn't. :roll:
Apparently at GL the lunatics are indeed running the asylum. :cookoo:

acetomatoco

Contact DRMS in Battle Creek and they will confirm or deny the need for a specific NSN or FSN to have a EUC. You can even ask for a review of need for same.. It is not GL who puts the EUC requirement on.. They deal with what DRMS tells them..and some mistakes have been made... The CUCVs were briefly put on EUC a few years back until somebody told em they were a Chevy Pickup...not a tactical original design and had no deep water fording capability. Another example is the batteries... 2HN, 4HN, 6TL etc... they have a special vent cap so then can run under water without losing acid or infiltrating water...and thus are prevented from being sold to the public...and viola... deep water fording batteries are special, etc etc etc.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got paperwork about a month ago, saying a transfer case I bought 8 months ago now was changed and I needed to fill out EUC paperwork. I filled it out and sent it in; never heard anything else from them about it.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL emailed me asking where my EUC was, I replyed by asking for an address to appeal the need for an EUC on a forty year old two wheel trailer. She told me the individual item did not matter as to when an EUC is needed, the determining issue as to an EUC being needed was if it was received from a High Security Location. And that anything they received from a High Security Site required an EUC regardless of what the item was! She also said I could scan my DL and EUC and email it to her since faxing a DL often did not meet the governments requirement for clarity.
James G.

Michael

That sounds like bs to me. As I understand it demil status is based on NSN number. I would bet that this trailer was modified in some way and given a new NSN number. Even if the modification was removed, if it is still listed by that NSN number it would still show as a demil B/Q. I bought a S250 shelter like that. It was a missile repair shelter originally, but even though it had everything removed and was just a bare shelter it was still listed as B/Q. At this point in time you are probably going to have to send in an EUC or plead ignorance that you thought this was just another trailer like many you have bought before and forfeit the sale. Congress has stirred up a big stink about things being sold to Iran and a lot of things are being reclassified and put under the microscope. Reason seems to have no place in this equation.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
I didn't even notice the "EUC" required on the one I just won from GL but alas, it is there at the bottom of the auction. Maybe I can use it by fall.

Oh well, back to watching how long it takes paint to dry.

Michael

Well, I stand corrected. I was just looking at some trailers at a site I follow and low and behold all of the trailers need an EUC. M105's and 101A1 and A2's. I just won 2 M1009s (CUCV's) and the email saying I won them says they need an EUC. I am almost sure it didn't list it as being B/Q and I saved the info but it is at home and I am at Little Rock at the convention and they have already removed it from their website.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks