• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 article and pics posted

papercu

M880

I liked it but thought it was more about military Dodges in gerenal rather than a M880 story.
I'm sure any inaccuracies / mis-statements found, that can be proven with a reference source would be welcomed and corrected. Wayne

jagjetta

Re: RE: M880 article and pics posted

Bob H said:
Thanks John,

It would have been nice to have had the inaccuracies / mis-statements corrected or at least noted at the end.

Bob,
I don't know what you mean...Are you saying that I knowingly published inaccuaracies / mis-information??

John A-G

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: M880 article and pics posted

No I'm just saying the article has some mis-information, same as I noted when the print issue came out.
Granted, I didn't spend my time writing a free correction for your magazine. (Which I pay for)I simply posted a couple of the errors on here at the time.

jagjetta

Re: RE: Re: RE: M880 article and pics posted

Bob H said:
No I'm just saying the article has some mis-information, same as I noted when the print issue came out.
Granted, I didn't spend my time writing a free correction for your magazine. (Which I pay for)I simply posted a couple of the errors on here at the time.
Well Bob, with all due respect, I don't understand your logic. If you had sent me corrections, I would have happily printed them in the magazine--they would have benefited all of our readers. But to follow your logic, it would appear, for example, if I saw something wrong in a K-Mart, you would find it reasonable for me to walk into a Sears to them about it. When KMart didn't do anything to fix the error after I had announced it to the folks at Sears, I should then openly criticize KMart for not doing anything about it. Do you sorta see what I am saying? If you had written something to me, I would have been happy to share it with our readers, but to give me a pokefor something that I never even received from you seems a bit trigger happy on the criticism.

You (or anyone) are welcome, at any time, to contact me with suggestions, advice, criticisms or just to b-s about the magazine (email works best). But don't rely on me to discover your comments if you just post something on the Internet. THe likelihood, while your postings are current, I am off staring at stuff that isn't even MV related! ;)

With kindest regards,
John A-G

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M880 article and pics posted

My Apologies John,
We had communicated on the errors in this article last summer.
You suggested that I write a correction and send it to you.
Following up on and correcting those errors didn't seem like a subscriber responsibility to me.

jagjetta

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M880 article and pics posted

Bob H said:
My Apologies John,
We had communicated on the errors in this article last summer.
You suggested that I write a correction and send it to you.
Following up on and correcting those errors didn't seem like a subscriber responsibility to me.
I am so sorry, Bob! While I was mowing the lawn last night, something in the back of brain jarred loose and I started to think, "Did Bob send me something a long time ago?" :) Apparently you did! I am so sorry, it would have made a good "letter to the editor".

Also, I am sorry that it felt as though the burden was shifted to you to write something. Heck, enjoying a magazine should NEVER be a burden (unlesss it is hiding it from a spouse). If you see something in an article that you can document as incorrect, just drop me an email and suggest that it might be used for the "Communications" section (the letters to the editor). That is a good way to build on another author's research without having to sit down and start from scratch.

I wouldn't want sharing information to become the burden to anyone. The one thing I always say in praise of the miltiary vehicle hobby is how I am struck by the willingness of folks to share information and research. I am active in some other academic (non-MV) research and, by comparison, the "peer review" is brutal. They wait for someone to publish years of research and instead of saying, "wow, thanks for gathering and sharing this info,' they proceed to just pick areas apart. They set themselves up to be "experts" by--not publishing anything themselves (they say they are "too busy" or some such thing)--but trying to build their reputations by acting like they know more through pointing out faults of someone who took the chance and published. It is, as I said, brutal. But usually, folks recognize those detractors for what they are.

Okay...I am seriously digressing from the topic. Again, let me say, "I am sorry Bob! My cloudy brain missed an opportunity to share the info that you had sent me." I will try to mind my p's and q's a better in the future!

Best regards from sunnny Wisconsin,
John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks