• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 tps question

Cleptomaniac

Ok I am doing a 4l80e swap and will need a tps. The question I have is dose the one on the 6.2 control anything other than the tranny? It seems only to run to the vacuum pump.

Thanks
Danny

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used for the vacuum pump only. Send the vacuum signal to the modulator. Not useful for anything except the TH400 or a TH350

You will need a controller and maybe a remote mount TPS.

The 1991-1993 diesels with the 4L80 may use a IP mounted TPS. I'll have to check the on I have in storage.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He needs one that will send an electrical signal not a vacuum signal.

I wonder if the 1991-1993 diesel tps would work.

V8Astro

He needs one that will send an electrical signal not a vacuum signal.

I wonder if the 1991-1993 diesel tps would work.
It does. Take the vacuum valve off the IP and bolt the TPS on. The TPS is slotted so you will have to adjust it depending on which controller you get. I got mine from RockAuto. The silly thing was $100+ but it's all worth it for the overdrive :)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks