• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turret Cover

jpinst

If anybody who recently purchased one of the LMTV's need a turret cover for the cab, there is one for sale on auction site for 1.5K!

Last edited by a moderator:

mane3215

Lol, I was about to post that I need two. I can assure you I will not be spending 1500.00 for one =). Does anyone know where I can pick a few up for a normal price?

mane3215

That's what I planned on doing unless I could find one reasonably priced. Do you plan on getting rid of that gun ring?

jpinst

I you think that is an expensive price for a new steel part and you have an FMTYV/LMTV, you are in for a big surprise. Get ready for $650 door handles.....and hours spent on tracking down what little is available.

The reason there are so many M35 parts out there is because they were making the truck for more than 35 years, have many variants, each one phasing out the previous model and finally phased them all out, leaving the government with many spare parts in inventory - which became surplus.

LMTV's are still in use and being recapitalized (reconditioned life extension), parts are very scarce and very expensive if you can even find them. Most that are sold have serious problems and are missing lots of parts. The turret hatch is missing on most of them that were sold, most likely because water gathers in the counter sunk holes for the installation bolts and they are easily rusted out. Having one fabricated will be quite expensive as it's a complicated part as you can see.

Last edited:

mane3215

A quick solution my buddy and I came up with for our FMTV's. Works pretty good, cut out of plywood, painted and fiber glassed. No water comes in at all. Need to add some weather stripping to the bottom and drill the other holes and its good to go until we get a minute to run to the local fab shop to get a few made up.

WP_20140306_18_18_26_Pro.jpg

mane3215

Thanks, it will work until I find one or get to the wet jet to cut a new one out. Keeps it closed and the water out =).

cjacksoncpa

I like your solution! Did you cut it 48 inches diameter or something else? I was trying to measure my cab flange but I cam up with 49. Sorry for the late post I just got mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks