• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Would it be possible?

Monty

I just purchased a 1958 5ton the rear axle was removed and the prevous owner put 52 inch tires on it, he said it currently should weight around 15k does that sound right?
My other question is;
1. Could this be flat towed with a tow bar to a 1 ton pickup?
2. I have a 18k equipment trailer would this be better to use? i was concered about the overall height since the trailer is 32 inches to the top of the deck.
3.Would anyone be going from 30minutes south of Indy to Racine WI any time soon with something larger than a pickup that could tow this??
Thanks
Chad

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the weight sounds right if it is only missing the rear axle, i towed a 5 ton with a tow bar and a dually, top speed was keeped under 35 on a good road, this truck was missing the engine and around 1000 lbs of other parts. i had no trouble, just remember the hills, if you have them, not only the pulling up but the braking going down. i only pulled it about 50 miles so i wouldnt do much over that. Tim

papercu

truck

Which model? gas engine or diesel? If diesel, Mack or Continental? The M39 Series trucks will weigh between 18,313 to 34,690 lbs. That is with both axles. Add 714 lbs for winch.
For the other question.
1. You could move it with a 1 ton but a better question might be, Can I stop this truck with a 1ton. My answer is No
2. Better yes but see answer to Question Number 1
3. Not me.
As always your mileage may be different.
Good luck and send pictures. Wayne

Monty

Re: RE: truck

westfolk said:
Height shouldn't be a problem..........put it on the trailer.

FWIW I'm running past Indy to KC, MO and back with a truck in a week or two. Side trip north is a possibility.
Whats the time frame for you to be around the Indy area? I was looking to move this truck with the trailer but I found out the trailer brakes are all shot. I may need a tow,
could you pm me a price.
Chad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks