• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Philly to CT

will-m

Need to drive my deuce back to CT from Eastern Surplus in Philly. Anyone have any route suggestions. I was thinking about 95 all the way but the area around the George Washington bridge seems really sketchy. Doing 55 while the rest of traffic is going 80. Has anyone tryed it? thanks

will

Mike_Pop

Will,

For travleing through NJ:

You should be ok on the NJ Turnpike if it is early in the morning, right after sunrise. It's probably the only time that road doesn't have any traffic. I don't recommend it any other time while in a deuce. Alternate northern routes instead of the NJTP are Route 130 or I-295.

You could try I-295 which generally has less traffic but will only get you up to Trenton. From there, you can take get back onto Route 130 up to Route 1. If you took Route 130 from I-676, you will see alot more traffic lights but there are stretches that are very rural. There are traffic lights but the max speeds are 50-55. Route 1 will take you up to Newark Airport where you can get on Route 9 and take that up to the GWB. (I believe routes 1 & 9 are the same at this point) t wil be a slow trip going that way. The NJ Turnpike is the fastest route but not necessarily the safest.

Or, you could wrangle a few mv owners into providing you a convoy!

Just my 2 cents

Mike Pop
Florence, NJ (Right near the intersection of I-295, NJTP, Route 130, I-195, & PA Turnpike)

will-m

I would probably be leaving Philly about 9AM. Do you think it would be safe trying to cross the GW bridge? Last time i was down that way that seemed like the worst spot. Thanks for the reply

Will

Mike_Pop

Will,

I'm not a big fan of the GWB. There is always traffic in NY. What day are you traveling? I think a weekend would be good for NJ (except Sunday, all the New Yorkers are heading home) but you will most likely hit a lot of traffic on the GWB on a weekend.

Mike

will-m

right now it looks like either a Sat or Sun. I agree on the GW, I'd really like to avoid it. I'm thinking about heading up to the Tappan zee bridge and crossing there.

Will

Mike_Pop

I like the Tappan Zee better myself. But I would avoid it on Sunday. Remember, the weekenders are heading home on Sundays. The NJTP will most likely have some sort of an accident and be stopped for miles on any given Sunday. You do know that the Garden State Parkway is closed to trucks?

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks