• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Jack

Sam27

Is the jack that goes behind the seat the same as any jack from a 73-87 (or is it 73-91) pickup? If so, are all the jacks the same across 1/2, 3/4, and 1-ton?

Txstruck

Im not totally sure, but I would think it is being that it has factory mounts behind the seat. Mine wasnt there when I got the truck so I have a 3 ton floor jack I use at home and Im going to get a tractor jack to carry in the truck.

Sam27

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what to carry with me. Thoughit'd be nice if it fit in the spots that are already there. The newer GM scissor jacks look better than the old things, but I'm not sure if they'd fit.

Prerunner1982

from the operator's manual the jacks look to be the same as found on civvy 73-87s...except the cucvs have them mounted behind the seat , or behing the passenger side fenderwell (blazers only).

CUCV IRL

Hi,

I had to use my jack and lug wrench today as I got a puncture on the driver's side front [:(!] . This was just at the start of a St. Patrick's Day parade I was attending with my M1008 and S-250 Shelter/Trailer. I have the stock Jack/Handle/Lug Wrench kit for my truck which works well enough. I think the hardest thing to get for the original kit is the mounting bracket and hardware which is important if you dont want the kit rattling around in your truck. I would say that the angle of bend on the lug wrench can make removal of the front lug nuts a little awkward as it interferes with the locking hub part that sticks out on the front wheels. A possible answer to this would be to carry a ratchet, extension & suitable socket which would make lug nut removal a lot quicker.

Jim....in Ireland. [^]

M1008 CUCV & S-250 Comms Shelter & Trailer.

85-m1028

If you do any kind of off roading then you may want to look into getting a highlift jack I mounted mine at the bottom of the rear cab wall behind the seat, there was alread one hole cutout I guess for the radio or shelter unit :redface:

lindyp38

I need the mounting bracket and hardware for my m1008 jack...

Anyone got those wings nuts and bracket......?

In the meantime i can rig something up temporarily.......

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
I need the mounting bracket and hardware for my m1008 jack...

Anyone got those wings nuts and bracket......?

In the meantime i can rig something up temporarily.......

i got some parts for the jack like the nuts and the rod i'll post some pics up tomorrow

the cucvs used a bottle jack with a large base for soft ground

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks