• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wire tag numbers

acetomatoco

The entire list is available in multiple locations... not the least of which is the manuals for your truck. Portrayal press has a reprint ot the article from the original Army Motors. etc etc.

amanco

RE: numbers

Yes, my guess is that the position of each wire comming out the back is the same on all of these tail lights. The tag numbers for the composite are 21, 22, 23 & 24 I don't know what extra light the composite fixture has but if I can figure what wire is what tag number that would make things easy. If all else fails, I will just hook them up and see what lights up when I hit the switch/push the brake.

CGarbee

The wires are not in the same position in differnet housing of the same type. A given manufacturer might have them in the same orientation for a given production run, but the rubber grommet can be rotated, the guts on a light can be replaced (I used to have some kits to do so and rebuilt many a light that had rusted guts and a nice housing) and folks don't pay much attention to how they fit the wires into place when they work on them...

Best thing is to hit one with a voltmeter (or, after insuring that you have good bulbs) hook it up to a power source one lead at a time and check functions (or just look at where the wires go since you can tell by looking at the bulb sockets which is which). Service Stop, Service Tail, and Blackout (Tail, if my memory is correct) are what you have and from that you can backtract using the circuit number list if you want to lable the leads.

The circuit list over at Olive-Drab is located at:
http://www.olive-drab.com/od_mseries_circuits.php3

amanco

Thanks for the tip CGarbee. The wire tag list is invaluable! Thanks so much for posting the link. I am going to print a copy for my records. The 24087 painting is comming along, I am going to tackle cleaning up and preping the winch tonight. I will post some photos.

left hand light

Keith,

The light shown should be the left hand (driver's) side taillight, IIRC. The right hand has a second, smaller BO slot for the black out brake light-it was only on one side in the original truck.

Are you pulling the composites to put the originals back on?

Jones

RE: left hand light

If you need additional tags, see Saturn Surplus. The carry the blank tags; with a small number stamp set you can re-create your own for any new wire runs or replace missing tags on original wiring.

amanco

RE: left hand light

Brian~

Only on the back. I am going to give it a try. I followed a few old style tail lights at the Findlay show and I really liked them. Truck is comming along, I should have it back together in a day or so. Michelin XL's have been ordered.

Thanks Jones for the tip. I was wondering if any one carried the aluminum tags.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks