• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any body know what this is?

FrankUSMC

Winching yourself out of a jam.
Back in the 60s there was a company that made a model of that winch that was sold to mount on civilian cars. The ad shows a guy in a station wagon on a muddy dirt road useing one to get unstuck. You removed some of the lug nuts and bolted it on.
I have also heard you could do the same thing with the rear axle flange area on the M715.
One of the few. Frank USMC Ret.

rmgill

there are expedient methods of doing the same thing. A spare rim bolted on the outside, or a rope run through the rim on a dual setup to use the dual rims as a winch hub between the tires.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no No NO!!! this is the rare French Canadian experimental electric MUTT and that is the extension cord! Ceezwhiz guys, don't yall know anything? It was very advanced for its time.

KWolfe

That unit would be called an Unstucker, which is its trade name I believe. That is the same unit that is used on the Canadaian Iltis. Poor mans winch. There are some videos on YouTube where these ar used.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks