• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about AM1780.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't access the -20P manual on LOGSA because it is still restricted, but I can tell you that most radio connectors are made by Bendix or Amphenol. Allied Electronics carries a bunch of them brand new, but you don't wanna know their price....

nf6x

Feral Engineer
If I'm not mistaken, they're the MW series from the General Connector division of WPI:

http://www.wpi-interconnect.com/genconn.htm
http://www.wpi-interconnect.com/GcCatalog/Power/MW.htm

They also make military audio (i.e. handset) connectors, and some of their products are carried by this distributor:

http://www.newark.com/

I have not ordered any of their products yet, but I was excited when I fairly recently identified not only a manufacturer for the military audio connectors, but also a stocking distributor.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Haney for a spare from a parts unit. He's gonna be way cheaper than buying a new one. Is yours broke? Have a pict. of that beast?

gyildirimoglu

thanx

Our new radio will have a cable connection to AM1780. But I dont have an AM1780 in hand. And I haven't seen any. So I have to purchase the connector first. And we will make the cable afterwards.

price is not of concern as the company will buy it :) but I should not give a wrong code to them.

cranetruck are u sure about the connectors? the pictures look like the ones I have seen on AM1780 pictures. can you see the p/n of the connector?

thank you all

gurol

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: thanx

Gurol, why not get a cable first, the CX-4723 will fit and can be had on ebay for about $10 or so most of the time. It will fit the connectors on the AM1780.
The part number on the connector above is M55181/8-01 MW20F(M)D00.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: thanx

The -30 manual shows Test cable no.4 as being one of the 18 pin cables with a male plug. It plugs into the AM1780 as if it were a peripheral. It is told to be made by cutting an unserviceable CX-4723/VRC cable in half and using the 'good' half. The -20, does not give a parts list either. Somewhere there may be a manual for repairing the cables CX-4723/VRC but I could not find it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks