• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Illinois residents IMPORTANT

MUTTMAN

:shocked: People of Illinois- You need to contact me, A.S.A.P., regarding the status of owning, buying and/or selling ANY Military Vehicles. Whats in effect in our state will make you :freaked: and then [:(!] . Contact me, I will fill you in :deal: . MUTTMAN [thumbzup]

MUTTMAN

:cool: Hi Joe, Thanks for the interests. I had posted a prior on this, explaining the situation. This was another, as I didn't know how many members were in Il. One of our state reps. has taken the homeland security too far. Because of this, he has introduced a bill. Distinguishing privately owned MV's (surplus), from current/active MV's with a mark. There are a lot of questions on this. If you check out ilga.gov Go to hb0711. Check out the synopsis. Thanks, MUTTMAN [thumbzup]

Elwenil

That's just lunacy. What could be the purpose? Is there a problem with stolen MVs from the Government in Illinois or something? I think it's painfully obvious that if a civilian is driving a MV, it's no longer in military service. What kind of mark are they talking about? Something like a data plate or some ridiculous reflective stripe or something? What are they thinking, that terrorists are going to "illegally" obtain MVs or something? That's just weird...

Desert Rat

It's well beyond lunacy, it's typical politics. Instead of focusing attention on stopping outsourcing of American jobs overseas, creating a secure border since we don't have one, beefing up the national defense and stopping illegal aliens and terrorists from worming their way into the U.S., they waste time and taxpayer money on stupidity like this. The day American government actually addresses real needs of us, the voters, is the day I'll probably have a coronary from the shock of actually being heard, represented properly and respected as a hard working American.

MVtrucker

I didn't see your previous Post, darn it, thanks for the reply. TN, I think, is trying to introduce a bill that would prohibit modification of any (historical?) military site or OBJECT. This is broad. I read about it on the Mil-Veh List, maybe.

mouse

does this mean that all GI's coming back will get a tattoo on there back side's :freaked:

FSBruva

No, we all just get a barcode tattoo at the base of the neck. I think I ring up as a pack of Marlboro Reds at the gas station. [^]

Matt

mouse

tattoos ? cool, i go next week for my third sitting for a big grizzly bear on my back.you know i have a very specal place for our GOV. to put there barcode and thay can seal it with a big kiss (sorry i had to say it) :devil:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks