• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats this 406 Mog worth fellows

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd guess around $12,000. Good Mogs are going for that now. Wish they were lower, but I guess the off-roaders drove the price up on them....

vtunimog

RE: Re: RE: Whats this 406 Mog worth fellows

I would say this truck, with hydraulics, 20 speed gearset, tipper, etc in good condition would be worth $15-17K as a rough estimate. Take off 1500 - 2000 for body condition, no fenders etc and you get somewhere in the 12-14K range. Not a bad truck. Prices are high, not only from offroaders and the popularity of the moigs but due to several factors -

1. Europe - Unimogs are in demand right now. Turkey, Egypt, African nations, Syria all have placed big orders for refurbished Unimogs. Prices are running 16,000 - 21,000 EURO for a recently released U1300 in good condition. three years ago the prices were 12-14K for the same.
2. People are paying high prices in Europe and abroad , this coupled with a poor or weak dollar - $1.40 to the Euro means higher prices.
3. Demand is still high in the USA
4. Older model Unimogs are getting scarce. A 406/416 in original clean condition will sell for between 8,000 - and 12,000 in Euro FOB mainland Europe. That means a price of $16,000 - $23K landed here. Ouch

Sorry for long winded explanation and over simplified version as well, I am sure there are bigger reasons I just don't see in my little corner of the world. I get this question daily though.

Cheers,

Chris M