• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello

FormerNewMVGuy

Hello. I recently bought my first military vehicle! I bought an M35A2 at a government surplus auction :D I am in love with this truck! I find myself layying under the thing ,marveling at how well these trucks are built. It is a 1971 am general it had the mwo applied in 1989, and recently had a new motor and trans installed. I pulled the valve cover off and the rocker arms are still shiny new. I didnt know it had a new plant in it at the time of purchace, but notice all the new hardware when i loaded it on my buddies step deck trailer. My wife also enjoys driving it 8) I can see myself going for another one very soon.

NewMVGuy

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations and welcome!

Yes, the steamy underbelly of the Deuce is a wonderful sight.. Lots of heavy metal. You have no doubt chosen the very best kind of MV!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to Steel Soldiers, NewMVGuy.... :beer:

Congrats on your new ride, now let's see some pics!

:nopics:

And what are you going to do about your screen name, once you've been here awhile?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NewMVGuy, welcome! Ditto on the pictures! Your wife drives it :shock: Mine has been it a total of twice...last independence day... and this one. You got a keeper! Enjoy it....her and the truck :wink:

acetomatoco

Which MWO do you refer to? The addition of seatbelts is probably the most prevalent MWO, and windshield wiper squirters and stuff llike that. And as I say to all the Jerseyites, What exit?

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Welcome to the MV hobby, and to a great forum for MV owners!

"MWO" stands for Modification Work Order. I assume that you're referring to a little triangular metal tag riveted to the driver's side door jamb that says "MWO APPLIED" and has a place to mark a date. I've seen those on some of my deuces.

It's pretty common for our trucks to end up in our hands with different engines than they were born with. The engines are easy to swap, and it's my understanding that the military would generally pull out an ailing engine, send it to a depot for overhaul, and then slap in a different rebuilt engine from the supply chain, rather than performing any major repairs in-frame.

I hope you'll head over to the Deuce Forum and share pictures of your new toy with us!

FormerNewMVGuy

Well thanks for the warm welcome! I would love to post pics ,but i am a computer dummy! BIG DUMMY. I dont know how to get them on the damn site,AARGGGHH! Ive tried to post pics before but ussually end up pounding my fist on the keyboard! lol But maybe one of you guys can teach me how.
As for the MWO I belive it was just seatbelts.
acetomatoco asked me what exit, Well i dont live near any exits. I live in northwestern N.J. Its very rural here,My land is surrounded by 800 acres of forest. So the noise from the deuce doesnt bother any body. I also have 150acres in waite maine with a small house and garage on it. That is where i would really like to go driving in the deuce. Someday i hope!
BTW- I'm 45 years old and own a small constuction company, Hope to retire to maine at 55
NewMVGuy

pa.rich

Welcome, welcome . I am a ex Jersey guy myself. Outa Bergen county. Are you in Sussex or Warwick? I have been out for 20 years this mo. I almost bought a place in Warwick. I hear it has changed greatly from when I was there last. About the pictures, first resize them then try and put them on. To tell you the truth, my wife helps me with it. So, we have alot in common, I am 55 and we didnt have computers in highschool, so I am a computer dummy too. I have a 52 duece and a half and a 5 ton M51A2 dump. Working on both of them. I was in construction to Did over 21 years self employed, and I am out of that now and dont miss it a bit.If you can retire at 55, youve done well for yourself.Now SEND SOME PICTURES FRIEND !!! :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks