• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Purchase on GL Ft Starke FL help

Foreverunstopable

Hi Guys. I've been looking around for quite a while. Great site. I have had an account with GL for a while but never purchased anything before. I have looked over the 2.5ton 5ton debate and decided I'd like to buy a 2.5 Duce and go from there. Learning and all. Is there anyone that can go and check it out? Any suggestions if this is a good truck to start with. Thanks and I look forward to posting much more in the future.

acetomatoco

Looks like a fine specimen with hardtop and winch.. puts you $ ahead.. Turbo and good tires and interior looks fine because of the hardtop... sometimes the trux at Blanding have rust issues, Recovery from the Boondocks there may be expensive depending on how you plan to accomplish it.. Parts are available and still relatively cheap.... You should go check it out...being central in the state, can't be more than 300 miles each way... in FL that is a round trip in a day with a couple hours to screen

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow, that truck looks good, I love solid CARC.

You definitely need to check it out (or have someone do it).

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like a good, clean deuce. I agree with everyone...inspect if you can. Be careful about alerting lurkers about such a nice truck. You may have unwittingly turned other bidders on to the truck that interests you. I am not bidding on it, and therefore won't bid against you. However, I did not see that truck previously and only looked because you posted a link to it. Good luck!

Foreverunstopable

Well I remember buying my first car. It was to much money for not enough car. Thanks for the support. Is there someone in that are that can take a look at the truck. I dont know much about MV's in FL and was wondering if it could be driven home to Sarasota. If yall have the time PM me with a number if your in that area, thanks!

I removed the link... :roll:

How can you tell it has a turbo?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not trying to be paranoid, but you never know who is lurking on this list...and who you'll bring to the auction that may not have previously known about it. Trust me...you'll have enough competition. Good luck!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In terms of the turbo...if it has the larger exhaust stack, it is a turbo truck. Also, the non-turbo trucks generally have rusty exhaust stacks. I seem to remember that the truck was turbo...

papercu

truck

Things change so I'm not sure anymore but Blanding was/is a unmanned base for G/L so there is no preview unless you get lucky. The NG was there full time and they don't like anybody driving around by themselves and the storage area is not close to the front gate. Also there is NO help in loading so if it doesn't crank you may have a time problem (at the least) if you are hoping for just one day to move it.
If you do get there they have a nice museum and a outside display. Wayne

Foreverunstopable

RE: truck

Turns out the trucks are located at a different site. I talked to the site manager and he said to come on out and take a look but that I wouldn't be able to start any of them because I'm not military personnel. 10hrs round trip, cant see if it starts... I may just wait to find a good running truck from a member and pay a little more, but at least know what I am working with.

Is there anyone that is reasonably close to take a look at the truck?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks