• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My gauge replacement idea

Jackel44

I wanted to put aftermarket gauges in because:
1. I wanted to add a Pyrometer, Boost, Tach, oil pressure, and coolant temperature gauges
2. I'm constantly fighting those stupid circuit board with the bulbs working than not working.
3. I think the 4 bulbs take up way to much space.
4. The back lighting really sucks
5. Simplify the circuit

I started by getting a replacement gauge cluster and gutted it. I laid out my new gauges on my donor frame. I will use the existing bulb holders for the turn signals, and the 4 that are under the stock gauges. The left group will be my generator 1 and 2. The right side is still undecided. I will add the rest of the lights between the 2 large gauges in the form of surface mounted led lights.

I will next cut out and back side and mold a bezel for the top.

Attachments

Jackel44

Over the lower groups I placed painters tape to keep the resin out. I filled it with foam and shaped it. I laid cloth over the foam with the groups cut out. The second layer I draped over the edges. For the turn signals I cut the green lens to fit and resin over that. I glued the inside fiberglass to the frame and filled in the space from the lower groups. I drilled the gauge holes. I soldered wires to the light holders and built a strain relief piece from removed plastic that I heated up and bent and shaped.
backguage.jpgcloseup.jpgfrontguage.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks