• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Colors?

zak

I took the doors off my duece dump to repair some rust and will need to repaint them. My question is what are the 5 diget color numbers for the paint. The interior was originally 24087 then painted a lighter shade. The outside had at least six coats of paint. Starting with two of 24087 then maybe woodland camo and ending up in desert camo. So my question is what is the lighter interior color and the outside base sand color?

Larry Sage
Ortonville, Mi
1974 m342a2
1953 m37 cdn
1953 m43

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I know, the interior should follow the exterior if done correctly. With 3 or 4 dolor desert exterior, "Sand" should be the interior color. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Welcome to the steelsoldiers!

acetomatoco

When they were made the 24087 was in vogue...for most of em... Except those done in Strata Blue...if you are going to Desert Sand it, just use a good primer on the bare metal and spray away....I am partial to the full gloss 14087 for stateside duty in garrison.

CGarbee

Re: RE: Colors?

cranetruck said:
As far as I know, the interior should follow the exterior if done correctly. With 3 or 4 dolor desert exterior, "Sand" should be the interior color. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Welcome to the steelsoldiers!
Most of the trucks that I have seen locally (NC) that have been over to the "big sandbox" have come back with a green interior even though the exterior was solid tan (sand) or desert camo... Most of them have been solid sand exterior with 383 green interior and have had hard tops...

Your correct about how it should be done, but it would appear from what has been showing up for sale in the last couple years in this area that somebody wasn't bothered...

jasonjc

My guess would be that it strated with 24087. Then got painted 34094 Green (CARC) inside and out. Then got the 3 color patten which the 34094 is the base color. Then got the "sand" CARC on the out side only. Which is comen , It all depened on how much time a unit had to get the truck painted befor it the got on the boats. When we got back all are trucks stayed sand color but all the tops/covers were green.

zak

The 34094 seems to dark for the inside. The inside of the door was definitely lighter than both greens on the outside.

Larry Sage

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks