• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Classic Car Show - First Place Deuce!

readyman

After getting turned down by the promoters of 'Rockin for the Troops' to assist at the Cantigny Show Lil Ruthie was all dressed up with noplace to go...
So we thought we'd head out to the local car show with some of the NICMVPA guys.
What do you know, we got first place! How 'bout that, an army deuce over the shiny red firetrucks.
Must've been the 50cal on the roof!

Attachments

readyman

Here are some more pic's.
The funny thing was we didn't know there was even judging going on unitil the judge handed me the award and said we won!

Attachments

Pinz25086

Readyman- Congrats, the truck looks great. I have not been to Catigny in years. I went to college at NIU and made several trips there. They have quite a collection of armor. It is well worth the trip to go see it if anyone is visiting Chicago. I took the kids there the last time that I visited. They had a blast climbing up and getting their pictures taken on a tank.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love that waterborne CARC. Great lookin' truck and congrats on the award. I saw that plastic 50 cal. I also found a web site making and selling them for about the same $$$$.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just can't get over how good your Deuce looks, Readyman. You guys did a really nice job.

:beer:

DavidB

Great looking deuce and other MVs.
There is alot of nice MV in the NIMVPA group and they always show up to benifit shows/events to suport the troops.The last two years they have responded in large numbers to a fall show here,combined with local MMVA /MVPA members we can shure put up a great gisplay of HMVs.

SpruceDeuce

WOW that color is really cool and the truck looks amazing

I would like to know where you got the CARC from and how much it cost if you dont mind me asking... also if you did anything special to prep and/or paint the truck

thanks,

Bryan

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job! Always does me good to see military trucks at a civvy car show, it attracts attention and may get more folks in the hobby saving MVs!

67Beast

Nice, the .50 looks like the same one I bought off ebay a few years back that I have on the pedistal mount in my M715. It has held up just fine for a couple of years now, although if I'm going to drive any great distances, I pull it down and stow it in the bed.

Congrats on the 1st place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks