• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Huh, This Will Get Me Flamed...

spicergear

:idea: Okay fellas, we see M1075's rig with the big 46" Mich... XML's on it, I'm soon to have a set of 46" XL's on mine and had a thought so I went to Randy's Ring and Pinion and played on the RPM/MPH calculator there.
(http://www.ring-pinion.com/content/calculators/RPM.asp :deal: ...if you're interested)

Anyway...

6.72's, 39" tires (NDT's), .85:1 overdrive (3053) = 2,707rpm @ 55mph.

6.72's, 46" tires (XML/XL), .85:1 overdrive (....) = 2,295rpm @ 55mph. *not a bad drop.

Now...we've REALLY stretched out our rolling circumference and lost a bit of power. IF, for arguement's sake, we hauled a lot and needed more power and less room between gears...a fella, a fella not hung up on going much over 55mph, could slap in a 3052 non overdrive from an old Gold Comet gas REO and get this:

6.72's, 46" tires (XML/XL), 1:1 direct = 2,700rpm @ 55mph.

--So possibly would gain, or at least not lose, oomph with a shorter step between gears and still be at a traditional M35 highway speed. [thumbzup]

hot rod deuce

hmmm im goona go plug in my 53's at 3000 with the cummins...maybe a 13 speed direct wouldnt kill me after all but 55 is a little slow....for me anyway and who wants to run that many r's what we all meed is an 18 speed double over that is small and light weight...not to mention almost free

Desert Rat

HRD,

We also need to hit the lottery every week too............................ It is a nice thought though. Personally I really liked my old 13 over with the 4&1/4 3406 purely mechanical Cat.!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks