• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5-ton from W VA to TX

CanonNinja

Already have 1 bid on uship for $1755. I know thats pretty close to $1 per mile but thats about double what fuel costs to drive the thing back the 1400 miles to Tx.

Ideas anyone?

M1075

CanonNinja said:
Already have 1 bid on uship for $1755. I know thats pretty close to $1 per mile but thats about double what fuel costs to drive the thing back the 1400 miles to Tx.

Ideas anyone?
That is great price. What kind of 5 ton? Assuming the bidder knows what the truck is and call haul it with his equipment, I would go that route in a heartbeat. To drive it, you would have the expense of getting there first. Also, it would take 3 long days to drive home, assuming everything goes well. Food, lodging, lost wages not included.

CanonNinja

RE: Re: 5-ton from W VA to TX

Yeah, I still have to get the truck first. :D As far as getting there if I were to drive it back atleast a portion, I would use the route I did in March with Wade's truck.... frequent flier miles.

Still gotta sell my truck first...posting it everywhere for a slight "increase" in price to cover the other truck and shipping costs

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

and if you come in through I-20 or I-30 to southern Dallas and are wore out, I have a cot in the "bunker of doom", as well as it has a toilet and sink and shower and air conditioning and the internet. Also, washing machine and dryer are avail. You can park it on the street overnight if you want (there is a floodlight that will shine on it and although it's not the best neighborhood, people don't mess with my stuff because they know better), or at the nearby truck stop and I can pick you up. weekends work best for me but am available most evenings.

CanonNinja

that'd be funny... a patrick, buying a truck from a patrick, and staying with another member patrick for the night :D I'll let you know my intentions as soon as I figure things out

area52

Hey Ninja dude,

If you pass on that 5 ton in WV let me know. I am looking for a 5 ton also.

Who was the bidder on Uship that gave you such a good deal?

kaiser2help

5 Ton trip

I just drove a 5 ton that I just purchased from KY to MA. It cost about 350.00 in fuel. You have a couple good options. If you have a class A license rent a tractor and possibly obtain the tow bar for the 2/12 - 5 ton and tow it with the tractor. Of course you now there are a few steps to perform before you tow. The other is remove the front drive shaft and the furthest rear shaft and two wheel drive it home to help avoid any damages to the spragues. But also check it out with more experienced people who now if in fact you can do this to the 5 ton without causing more damage. I drove mine back with all wheel drive with no problem. Good luck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: 5 Ton trip

Welcome K2help. We've seen one or two pics of your adventure. If there are anymore, we'd love to see them. Check out the KY to MA thread Massm35a2 started

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks