• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydraulic pump cooler, using trans cooler in radiator

richingalveston

I am in the process of installing the PSC hydro assist steering kit in my 1009 and I am considering adding a cooler. I am also considering adding a trans cooler.
my thought was:
Can I use the existing trans cooler in the radiator as the hydro cooler and just get one big trans cooler for the trans. The trans cooler connections on the radiator are right there where all of my steering parts are. this would eliminate some connections and keep from having multiple other coolers.

will the normal operating temp of the radiator be more than what the power steering/hydro system would normally be.

Has anyone done this?
Rich

DrillerSurplus

You might want to check the pressure specs on the power steering. Seems like since the steering would be putting out a lot more pressure than the transmission which probably circulates trans oil at pretty low pressure up to cooler. If the power steering always flowed the same direction you could put cooler on the return side which should have pretty low pressure. I'd hate to have to buy or repair a radiator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks