• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Speedo correction for 6.14 gears

wehring

CAT tech just left and the LMTV now has an accurate speedo and a 330hp flash. When we changed the axle gears from 7.80 to 6.14 the speedo was off by 15mph.

Here is the info you need to give your CAT guy to correct ...

40291 pulses per mile
Found in vehicle speed cal in engine ECM configuration

hope this helps

justin wehring
979 997 3112

Shark Bait

CAT tech just left and the LMTV now has an accurate speedo and a 330hp flash. When we changed the axle gears from 7.80 to 6.14 the speedo was off by 15mph.

Here is the info you need to give your CAT guy to correct ...

40291 pulses per mile
Found in vehicle speed cal in engine ECM configuration

hope this helps

justin wehring
979 997 3112
I want the 330 hp!

Strouty

That is awesome. So you did not need to do anything to the transmission computer? I am asking because I would like to do something similar in a civilian truck with a similar setup.

wehring

That was it. 15 min on the CAT tech's computer and it was done. He had to use a calculator to come up with the correct pulses per mile but after he had the correct value to input it did not take him long.

justin

Strouty

I figured he was talking C-7 or 3126 since the 3116 is mechanical. My truck is a C-7 with an MD3060P so it should work for me.

wehring

Correction..... 49,291 is pulse per mile value. Sorry folks. I try to check info before I put it out there but I missed this one. 40,291 from the first post is incorrect.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks