• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Desert Deuce is in Corn Country!

So I have a 292 chev engine that I was going to put in my '59 NAPCO 4X4 truck but sold the truck and now have a spare brand new engine sitting on an engine stand taking up room in my shop. Desert Deuce wrote me to give him a call and we'd discuss it.

Short story long, I finally called Kevin and caught him in mid flight. He is driving the 5 ton wrecker he just won home from Minnesota and was at the moment in Pratt, Kansas. He was doing his pre-fun inspection when I called and getting ready to hit the road for a 500 mile day.
"Sorry for no pictures" as he forgot his camera.
He told me he did a complete service on the truck in Minnesota including balancing all 10 tires so the truck wouldn't get beat to death on the drive. He was surprised to find that the truck had 21,000 miles on it rather than the 31,000 quoted in the auction. The engine looked really clean and after the complete service he was on the road.
Truck is running like a dream and he loves the power steering which makes it travel real straight down the highway. He will let us know when he gets home.

A side note - the bridge that collapsed over the Mississippi River on Wed was part of his route for Thursday so an alternate route had to be factored in.
God Speed Kevin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks