• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing a VIC and radios into a 1009

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Any suggestions on installing a VIC into an M1009. I was looking at putting a main control box on the metal dash plate along with two control boxes. I was also looking at putting two control boxes for the rear seats on each side of the back.

What power cords would I use if I can get my hands on a VIC3 or if not what cords for a VIC1?

Next, anyone seen a special mount for putting the radios in the very back of the 1009? I hate using the space in the back seat area and was wondering if there is something akin to the 1008A1 radio rack that i can modify to throw in the back and somehow secure? If so, what cables would I need for that assuming I have a GRC160 system?

Next, is there a modification to us a military (or military look alike) antenna for AM/FM radio? Ditto for CB and short wave?

Alot of questions.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the CUCV has the luxury of having the cheapest windshield in the industry, I'd replace it with a tinted one with the antenna in the glass. Thats the least obvious way to do it and new glass is sooooo nice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks