• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Douglas Connector Plating

Mike_L

Hello all,
Has anyone ever replated or painted their douglas connectors? I am rebuilding my M37 rear harness and plan on reusing the metal shells. Either I'm going to paint them some kind of gold or brass color or get them replated while they are apart. (Probably paint them-I'm sure its cheaper) Anyone ever done this before?

Bill W

Thery're plated in yellow cadmium
In Fact I replated most of the bolts on my M-37 in yellow cad.
I believe Eastwood carries yellow cad paint if you want to go the quick a easy route

acetomatoco

Most of the MV shows on the East coast have dealers with new Douglas parts.. In fact, White Owl for years had the nice gummint harness repair kits at these shows and now has recently put some on ebay.. I would use clearcoat spray on my new ones after assembly if I wanted to keep em pretty...but typically replace them with Packard and use Silicone spray to keep the ozone away...

Mike_L

Yellow Cad Paint

Thanks for the info. I found a "gold cad" spray on Eastwood. It looks the closest to what I'm looking for. Anyone ever use this? I think the base gold color would work fine without all the red and green tinted oversprays for these connectors. Maybe if the parts were bigger but I don't think the red and green would make any difference on these small pieces. I am usually a perfectionist on details but I think the base gold color will be OK by itself.

I don't have a plating service nearby so painting will be the way to go for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks