• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drive belt date codes ?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suspect that these numbers represent date codes for the belts (week and year) and if so, they give a pretty good understanding of the maintenace performed over the years.

For example, the compressor drive belt was changed in 1975. This for a vehicle that was used at the field artillery school (Ft Sill, OK), no less.

Makes one wonder how many PS Magazine articles were actually read or how many TMs were even looked at. More credit must be given to the vehicle designers.....
Come to think of it, most of my manuals and PS magazines are un-smudged except by yours truly.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Can't say for military vehicles, but Musclecar era Mopars had belts stamped with the part #, vendor code and a date code…. For years, NOS belts were worth hundreds and in a few cases, thousands, until good repros came out.

I can tell you, it's fun being a judge and trying to lay on your back with a mirror to try and read the #'s rofl

acetomatoco

Well, when I wqs the the military, I was first in line to get my copy of the book... to see what the Sgt and Connie and Bonnie were up to... and I read em cover to cover...I now have about 500 of them and they are still helping me...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks