• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Da Beast's 2nd Cruise of The Season

Ugg013

Re: RE: Da Beast

Recovry4x4 said:
So that thing is aeroconditioned?
Hey Kenny:

Uh Huh! With the windows closed even. :wink: Kicks butt too.

CCATLETT1984:

Actually, the guards are in my basement, waiting for when we get the front end all painted. That's just primer. Did it in that color as a tease. I also got a MU2 winch from Lee that I plan to install up front. Really haven't done squat to the Beast myself yet. Told Maynard he was to do the combing and mysteriously, the steel comb up & disappeared. :shock: :lol:

Later
Ugg 8)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Da Beast

Pretty neat pics! I am one of the few that like seeing works-in-progress at a car show. Shows that the owners are trying to fix it up, and not just purchased it as-is.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

That's going to be a cool truck Ugg. Keep up the good work. Have your kids been helping with the project? Love the AC!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I like your boys shirt! Got one just like it for my 14yo. Oh, your truck is nice too!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

That is a great truck I always wanted an old Power Wagon when I was a teenager and had to settle for a CJ3B. Keep the update of the project recorded here for us to gaze on.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

a/c.. that is excellent! Real nice looking truck. what I would give for it in the deuce. but it's coming.. just time and money. alot of both I think.

Ugg013

Re: RE: Re: RE: Da Beast

gimpyrobb said:
You and your wife look younger than I pictured!
:lol: We start young here in Uggville! :lol: Actually, had we met at that early age, the wife & I might have looked like that as there's a 7 year diff between my kids & me & the wife, except my beard started growin when I was 12. :wink:

Guys:

Thanks. We've had the Beast for 6 years now. I seriously doubt if it'll EVER be done. The picture in my brandy new avatar is our goal, the Holy Grail of Carryall's, a WC 53 Special. Only 2 were made.

Later
Ugg 8)

Ugg013

nattieleather:

Commo/recon were what these trucks WERE to be used for from concept. Then high ranking officers discovered they were nice & cozy & out of the weather, so they commandeered em to cruise around in. The German's soon discovered what these trucks were doin & who used em, so they became HIGH PRIORITY targets. Easy ID'd from both ground & air, so that's why production was stopped short (Aprill of 43), and there was ONLY 8400 of the 3/4 ton'ers made. Same goes for Command Cars (August of 43).

Later
Ugg 8)

Ugg013

nattieleather:

Nope, it's just a rack. I got the proper mounts for the antenna on the side, just haven't gotten that far yet.The rack & a few other mods were already on the Beast when we got it. Our goal is to make it look as original as possible on the OUTSIDE only, as some of the mods (318 V8, 5 spd tranny, custon add on to rear bumperetts & WORKING ac) were done real well, & I intend to keep em. It also has power steering & a hydrovac added to the brakes. Some mods I imtend to add are a 6 way power seat for the driver (me) & power windows. My son wants us to add a fridge. :lol: BTW, the Carryall, besides being one of the 1st 12v vehicles made, also had an inverter. That was installed for radio gear, as it actually has a home type electric recepticle mounted on the sidewall. :shock:

Later
Ugg 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks