• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV an FMVSS

engele

Hey together,
i need your help.
I'm looking for informations about the FMVSS for my LMTV. I searched for any stickers at the cap and b-pillar but found nothing. Only in the TM is written the the brake complies to the Federal Motor vehicles Safety Standards. As i know the complete truck should complies to the FMVSS.
Is there anybody with more Infos and can help me? It's very importent. I called and emailed s&s but without results.

thank you in advance an have a nice day.

alex

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In 2006 Stewart and Stevenson sold the FMTV line to BAE. Then in 2010 the DOD gave the FMTV contract to Oshkosh. BAE closed the Sealy, TX plant and scrapped everything FMTV related. All FMTV employees were let go. So finding anyone who can supply an engineering document listing conformance with 1994-2010 FMVSS requirements will be near impossible. I wish you luck. Maybe if you could find someone that owns a SD Brazos (the BAE civilian version of the FMTV, would have to have the label), that could take a picture or scan the label and send it to you for reproduction. Very few (100?) SD Brazos trucks were sold.

Found a website with a spec sheet for the SD Brazos, that lists conformance with FMVSS: http://globalxvehicles.com/gxv-sd-brazos-specifications/

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks