• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 105 trailers from GL

jfnemt1ff1

While I did it my first try at GL. I won to nice M105 trailers. Now I have to go pick them up, question will the staff at Chambersburg staff load one in the back of my M35 so I can tow the other one home?
John

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
It has been months since I was there, but back then there was a battle for usage of the loading ramp between GL and the DRMO. DRMO was winning at the time, so no usage. GL had a very heavy duty all-terrain forklift though that probably could do the job. I would bring your own lifting straps though just in case. I would hate to have them scratch it up from lifting from below if I could help it. Call them though. If you get the guys at Mechanicsburg then ask for the phone number of the guy that actually works Chambersburg as he will be the one helping you anyways.

M215

loaded M105s

Do you mean like this?

The Guy at Chambersburg loaded my M105 in the back of the M813 we were picking up. I called to ask and make sure it was OK first. They used a fork lift to load the trailer, just fit in the 14' bed, plan on it sticking out the back of your 12'

Attachments

KaiserM109

I also aquired some M105 trailers from Ft. Carson, CO, 3 of them. One has no pintle eye, the other 2 are complete, canvas and all. I got my deuce van home with only minor troubles, but may not have it legal by the time I need to haul them away. It's only 90 mi., so I will find a solution.

Question: Can you stack 2 M105s similar to the way M215 did with the M35? I can take wheels off if necessary. Is the outside distance from hub to hub smaller than the inside dimension of the trailer bed over the wheel wells?

One thought I had was to take 4 to 6 pipes that will fit into the stake holes, flip one trailer over and use the pipes to keep them aligned and chain and boomer them together. What is your opinion?

Did anyone acquire something at the Ft. Carson auction that they need help with? :?:

Arlyn Whit.

jasonjc

RE: Another very cold trip

The blue trailer is 20' plus 2' dove tail X 8'6"wide and has 2 7k axles. I git it used and abused. Had to redeck and paint it. It had some big loads and you neve know its behind you at all.

KaiserM109

RE: Another very cold trip

I now have 4 trailers to haul, I got a scrapped M101A1 that's missing tongue, wheels, tires and 1 brake drum. Your photos tell me that It might work. If worse comes to worse, we can take 2 off post to a friend's place and make a second trip that night.

Details at 10.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks