• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dumb idea?

M715ForLife

My dad and I have 2 winches for the M37.

One on the front.

Would it be a good idea to put the winch under where the fuel tank is, and run a hydrolic line?

Then make 2 fuel cells across the frame rails, 20 gals on each side.

Then, cut acess hole ontop of the winch?

Good idea, or waste of money?

spicergear

I did this on my M715 way back when it had Locked Dana's under it before the 'Rocks. I swapped in a dodge fine spline divorced NP205 (as the stock NP200's hadn't a PTO port + the 205's don't overheat) then got a Muncie PTO for it. Got the PTO from ptohydraulics.com, iirc. It's got 150' of 1/2" wirecore cable and a lead of high grade German alloy chain and a lockable grabhook. Yep, it's a 10K Garwood from a deuce...as is the one up front. Modified 5 ton driveshaft works well. It's cool and got some serious "AWE" factor as I drove over a high obstacle at a Jeep event and everybody in the stands got a view of it, a buddy was in the crowd. That being said, it's nearly a $300 buck PTO, over $150 in cable, chain, hook, etc...and I've used it once. ONCE to rescue myself. Cool? -yep. Save ya an extraction charge? -yep. Entirely worth it? :shock: ...insurance of it is nice...and tough to beat the cool factor. HA! :D

Attachments