• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Top

nattieleather

RE: Duece Top

Kinda missed what he wrote there huh ace? I believe if I'm reading correctly that he said hardtop.

Don't know if you could make that fit.

67Beast

Why not just track down a M37 hard top instead of cutting a deuce one? They will probablly cost you about the same. And if you already have the deuce top, sell it and use the money to buy the m37 top.

TACMED

Both or either

Well initially I was talking about a hard top, I have seen someone that had put a duece soft top on a M37, either way would be cheaper than a NOS of new Canvas top. Whats your suggestions

acetomatoco

RE: Both or either

Sleeping I was, I guess... hardtop kinda means hardtop for sure.. I imagine it would be a chore and the $700 deuce hard top would be lost... Putting an original top on the M37 will enhance the truck's value more than with a hokey top. There would be the side fastener issue with the use of a soft one, too.

Longhunter7

Top Conversion?

TACMED,

There are two hard tops that will fit the M37. The original was an Arctic Top with a sliding rear window. The second was a WWII CCKW hard top that has an oval rear window and was fitted with an adapter kit.

If you have access to a Deuce hard top and want to see if it will work, go for it!

TACMED, if you would like to see a picture of the CCKW top, let me know and I will send you a picture of my 63' M37-B1 with that top.

Lets keep the posts nice and friendly out here so we can all learn something new!

jatonka

RE: SandBaggin

I have a fiberglass M-37 hardtop over in NY state, I will sell it for $100 but I will need to have it picked up, I can't ship it. JT

pwrwagonfire

I know this is a 3 year old thread....

But in the 80's the M-37 that my fire crew had at work used to have a deuce hardtop fitted to it with re-bar robs welded to the inside. I checked out a picture I found in the bosses office (will post it if anyone else chimes in here) and it was pretty WIDE on the cab.

Eric's hifim37

Ironically I have been looking into the same retrofit, I measured out a M35 top and this is a doable mod. I located a cheap top so when I start doing the chop I'll post the cuts and progress when I start. I have been looking for a artic top for about 2 years with no luck, the GMC top sucks, I know that is what I have right now on my truck and I hate the thing.

Eric..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks