• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battle Damage

superburban

I know that posting pics of battle damage is verboten, but I figured that this would be OK. This cardboard HMMWV was the product of a combination of too much caffine and too little to do plus a bit of ADHD. Then my son got ahold of it and did some of his own expedient modifications.

Attachments

alphadeltaromeo

Perhaps...but then it will require an EUC, take months to get back...and then years later you'll get a note saying how DoD wants it back to chop it up...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe it is against Steel Soldiers policy to show after-action pics showing the battle damage of US military vehicles. Please remove this thread, we wouldn't want terrorists to know how to destroy cardboard HMMWVs!!! :)

Towerguy1

The good news is we now have photo proof of residential attacks by terrorists. I have also come accrossed several plastic HMMWV's and other military vehicles distroyed and damaged by simmular young "activeists" The public should be warned!!!

superburban

The best part of it is that whenever my son gets his hand on the Humvee is that my daughter (she is 4 years old) points at him and yells "Godzirra! Godzirra!" while shielding her forehead with the other hand!
That is some good old fashioned humor right there!

...at least I think it is funny. Her mom thinks that I am ruining the little ones with my tomfoolery!

superburban

Re: RE: Battle Damage

ida34 said:
Glad to see you using your son for the demil. Keep it in the family.
Yeah, that's what I said. Mom wanted to throw the thing away! Throw it away! Can you believe that woman!

bugei

RE: Re: RE: Battle Damage

you don't have a "before deployment" picture do you, that is really trick! fortunately, a few days at depot and it should be back to 0 miles.

superburban

The "pre-deployment" pics are on my camera. My camera is on R&R right now. :( I'll try to get them up here in a day or two. The first iteration (the A1 model) had some huge, monster-truck style tires on it. That didn't look right, (plus the combination of tires/gearing put the engine out of range for it's duty cylce), so I sent it back to the motor pool for upgrade to A2, the proportional tires you see here. The A2 upgrade also included some actual springs in between the little cardboard A-arms.

ida34

You son did not demil the camera too did he? I had my kids demil several vital pieces of equipment over the years.

superburban

ida34 said:
You son did not demil the camera too did he? I had my kids demil several vital pieces of equipment over the years.
Hah, no it wasn't my son this time, it was me. This is the 4th camera in under 12 months to die by droppage.

superburban

Re: RE: Re: RE: Battle Damage

bugei said:
you don't have a "before deployment" picture do you, that is really trick! fortunately, a few days at depot and it should be back to 0 miles.
Finally got the "before deployment" pic:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks