• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here, with M880 questions

jeffinnorthtexas

I am looking at a couple oif M880 trucks, may purchase one of them. Here are a couple of really basic questions I hope someone here can answer.
1. Did all M880's have an automatic transmission, or, were some built with a 4 spd. standard?
2. Were any M880's delivered new, with a PTO winch?
3. If so, what model winch was used?
Thanks,
Jeff

Elwenil

All M880 series trucks should be an A-727 automatic with a NP203 fulltime 4WD transfer case. I have seen a few Dodge trucks that were used by the military that were 4 speeds, but they were just civilian vehicles owned by the military and not a specific M series model.

I know I have seen an M880 with a factory looking winch, but it was owned by an individual and I couldn't get in touch with the owner to discuss it. I honestly don't think there was one. I'll try and look in the manual for info.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am pretty sure none of the M880 / M890 series trucks came with winches.
I am sure that there were Military (non M-series) Dodge trucks with a pto winch
I have seen pictures of a 78 W400 with one, Also a 72 W200 ambulance owned by odjeeper (aka Brian) has a winch.
http://steelsoldiers.com/modules/PNphpBB2/files/w200amb1_130.jpg

hmmm, Brian will we see that 72 at the Color tour?

papercu

trucks

According to the -10 there are no M880 Series with a winch and all had the automatic transmission and the 318 engine.
Not all were 4x4. Four models are 2x4 the M890, M891, M892 and the M893.
I have one that was a Navy truck (but not a M880) that has a 4 speed. Wayne

jeffinnorthtexas

Thanks for all the info. One of the two that I was looking at, has a PTO winch. So, possibly it was added by the fire dept. that previously owned the truck.
Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks