• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

injector pump

skidder

Can't find much info in the internals of the injector pump. Just purchased my second Duece and can't get it running. Can bleed the whole fuel system but can't get any fuel out of the injector lines. Just buy a new pump or tear apart the one thats on it.

Attachments

big mike

injector pumps have very close tolerances. i have seen in a few big rig dealerships, the injector pump rebuilding guy works in a room that is maintained at a constant 75 degrees so all the parts will fit correctly during installation or repair. the kitchen sink might be a good place if ur gonna do a rebuild!! LOL

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want the internals stuff on the injection pump check out
TM 9-2910-226-34. Thats about the best TM dealing with the pump. There are some troubleshooting techniques in there worth looking at. Reman injection pumps cost on average more than some whole trucks.

Dieselsmoke

Like Big Mike says, there are very tight tolerances in an injector pump. One single piece of dust or lint can create big problems. The injection shop I deal with has a "clean room" similar to say a place where they manufacture silicon chips or something. I've never torn into a deuce injection pump in great detail, but on many injection pumps there are often special tools required to disassemble and reassemble them. Best bet would probably find a good take off unit.

hot rod deuce

hello,
have you tried cracking (loostening) the lines on the pump and the injetors to let the air out? start with the pump end and crank a few times, when u get fuel tighten them and move up the line to the injectors untill fuel comes out (BE VERY CARFULL 3000 psi will tear your skin up)if not thats probably the problem. they are very stuborn motors to get started once they are dry. Be VERY carful not to run the pump dry. also make sure the fuel pump is running and crack those lines as well to make sure there is no air in there and fuel flows good. could be a pluged up primary filter or one of the two on the motor

if you are interested i can sell you a whole motor that runs good for 500 bucks or a good pump for 250

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks