• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL paperwork for title

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
hmmm did you read the TOS on GL? They have a section that directly address titles. In some states they are forced to provide titles with vehicles though by law. In others you can use the invoice as a bill-of-sale to get a title, but make sure the VIN is on it and that it is signed just like the copy they get. In other states you don't get any paperwork that will get you a title, and you have to pay GL $60 to provide you with a SF-97 to get a title. Some have used a title service with some luck.

kipman

I am in Ohio and the title agency said to bring in the bill of sale from GL and that would work, what I did not know was what GL will give.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
The invoice will work as a bill-of-sale at least in Virginia. Print out two copies they get one and you get one, and both get signed by both you and the GL representative when you pick it up. It must have the VIN on it PERIOD. If GL truncates the description to the point where that information is missing on your invoice then demand a copy with from the national GL with that important information added to a copy of the invoice. Instead of updating the invoice they will send you a notarized copy of the invoice. In the past I have had no problem getting this done, but this last time I had to ask for my money back on the auction unless they provided an invoice with an accurate invoice that identified my truck, I got it. If the auction did not have a VIN in the description then they will not help you.

If you have already picked this up and did not get this taken care of then you are out of luck at least with this path to a title.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You're lucky your state only requires a bill of sale. Sure hope you don't have to put up with GL version of fun and games like I am. I'm still waiting on a title with the correct information on it for several months.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
kipman said:
WV can be a problem.
I titled a M1009 in WV that I purchased from GL. This was back in 2003. GL gave me an SF97 with the DRMO as the seller and GL as the buyer. I took that along with the BOS I printed off of the GL site. I had to go through around 4 or 5 DMV employees before they finally gave me a title for it. Small-town DMV offices with friendly local employees are much easier to deal with.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
My problem is GL can't seem to get my title and SF 97 correct and they take 3-4 weeks each time THEY make a mistake. No fast tracking it for customer service due to their error.

Once I get the title, the registration in WV should be a breeze.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks