• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Antenna mounting on dropside Deuces

Armada

Hey BC. I just put one on mine. I don't have a great close up pic, but you can get the idea. I used a sugar scoop style mount. I had to move the reflector down and had just enough room. The only negative is I have to put the drivers door window down a bit to open it all the way when the mast is tied. I suppose you could mount it on the pass side and it would be less hassle. I've seen them mounted on the front bumper too. I think OPCOM has his mounted that way.
Paul

Attachments

acetomatoco

The mount goes on a adaptor which goes over the driver's fresh air vent..hence the bend in the rv mirror mount... to clear the antenna...

Boatcarpenter

Armada, thanks. Yes, I've seen pics of OPCOM's setup, but I'm not thrilled about having it in the front what with having the winch and all the activity associated with it plus the cabling for it running out to it. I have a standoff for a sugar scoop that would allow me to put it just inside the corner where yours is but that doesn't change the window hassle which I guess I could live with. Maybe I'll try to find one of the adapters ACE mentioned.
BTW, all your vehicles look terrific! Wish I had the time to spiff mine up like that:D

11ACR-LT

I used a dump truck mount on mine, it mounts on the rt fender,you can tie the mast down and its not in the way for cab access, I'll snap some pic's and post them tomorrow.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I used a dump truck mount on mine, it mounts on the rt fender,you can tie the mast down and its not in the way for cab access, I'll snap some pic's and post them tomorrow.
I assume you mean like this (pictured below on M35A2 and M816)?

10-08-2005111412AM.jpg10-08-2005111322AM.jpg10-08-2005111138AM.jpg10-08-2005114923AM.jpg10-08-2005114847AM.jpg10-08-2005114742AM.jpg10-08-2005114713AM.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow Clinto, only took 5 years to catch up with this one.
Boaty
:smile:

5 years ago, I didn't own a dropside, so this wasn't an issue to me.

Now, things are different.

And I, unlike most everyone else, actually uses the search feature and found (most of) what I needed!

Just want a little clarification. The poster I quoted is still active on the site, so I am confident we'll all get some answers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks