• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greeting from Denmark :-)

Panzer_peter

Hello all :)

I would like to introduce myself and say Hello to you all.

I am peter and i come from Denmark in europe !

I have been eight years in the Danish army.One year as a privat, one year in sargentschool. Three years as a gunner on a Leopard 1 A5 DK main battle tank, and three years in the Danish (patrulje) long range recon patrol units. My rank is senior sargent.

I am about to buy some armor, but i am not sure as to what. Maybe a 432 Diesel APC or a Mk 2/3 Ferrett 4.5 Daimler, but only time will tell :)

Good to be here.

Ps. i have dysleksi, so that makes me a crap speller :-(

Panzer_peter

I have one question too you all ! how come most members of SS have trucks and not armor or other millitary vehicles ???

Living in the Great US (no irony !!! europe owes the US alot !!) must give access to thousands of cool millitary vehicles ???

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Greeting from Denmark :)

Panzer_peter said:

I have one question too you all ! how come most members of SS have trucks and not armor or other millitary vehicles ???

Living in the Great US (no irony !!! europe owes the US alot !!) must give access to thousands of cool millitary vehicles ???
Armor is not very practical, many of us like road trips.....

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Re: RE: Greeting from Denmark :)

Hi Peter! Velkommen to the SS family. Your English is a lot better than my Danish! I have always liked the looks of a diesel FV432. Some of those are showing up at military vehicle importers here in the US, but the money and transportation issue kills the deal for me. If I got something now, it would be a T16 universal carrier because they are a LOT of fun and small enough to be towed behind a 3/4 or 1-ton pick-up.

Panzer_peter

He he :) Tak (thank you) Chris, and the Danish welcome was perfect !

The T16 universal carrier is very cool, but also very rare ??? I have never seen one up for sale. If they are for sale, are they not very expensive???

sak00

Welcome Pete, This is the best place to meet people all over the world. Last week I was on online chat with a guy from Argentina. I, like many others, have the 2 1/2 ton cargo truck. Armor would be something I would like to get, but the cost is defeating me at the moment. One day.

Welcome to S.S.

TedG

Welcome Peter!

I agree with Chris on cost and transportation for armor. Plus make sure the paper trail for the armor is 100%...

Pictures of "your" Leopard would be cool! Post away!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: RE: Re: RE: Greeting from Denmark :)

Panzer_peter said:
He he :) Tak (thank you) Chris, and the Danish welcome was perfect !

The T16 universal carrier is very cool, but also very rare ??? I have never seen one up for sale. If they are for sale, are they not very expensive???
There was a group of T16's that came up for sale in the last year out in Arizona. They needed completely restored, but all of the important parts were there. They were listed for $8000.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Greeting from Denmark :)

Greetings Peter!
Welcome to the group.
Aside from the problems transporting armor, in this country for several years we can no longer bring home armored vehicles made here. That is, we can buy a Chieftain (or if they were available, a Leopard) overseas and import them, but we cannot buy a Sherman, or even a M3 halftrack in Europe and bring them home. This has made the costs of the units already here increase dramatically.

European armor, particularly British and Soviet, is attractive to many buyers because it can be freely imported, but then in addition to the overseas shipping of the vehicle there are concerns about spares. In any case, a final factor making armor a problem for us is because like enthusiasts everywhere we like to gather and show of our "toys", the distances here are great. The "East Coast Convoy" that you see mentioned on this web site involves some participants traveling about 900 miles through several jurisdictions - all of which will want to assess fees for oversized cargo.

For these reasons wheeled armor, M3A1 Scout Cars, M8 and M20 armored cars, Ferrets, etc. is popular here, as are small tanks such as the Stuart which do not require overwidth or overweight permits to transport.

What challenges face collectors in your country?

Best wishes,
David Doyle

Cdub

Hi Peter,

Thanks for joining us here at the Steel Soldiers from across the seas. We would love to see some of the Danish armor. We all like the armor vehicles as well as the track ones also. They are not so easy to come by and need to be trailered around to events.

I just love my five ton cargo......get in and go.......

the best of luck here and don't forget to post some pic....

Cheers,

C'dub

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Welcome to Steelsoldiers Peter! Good to see someone here from DK.

I was in Copenhagen last month with work and on the day I arrived there was a nice naval display down at the harbor. Several of the smaller patrol boats and cruisers were set up for tours and I was very tempted to go onboard. I didn't though because I wasn't completely sure I could read all of the signs and didn't want to end up in the wrong place and become a guest of the Marines working port security :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks