• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aircraft/Warehouse Tugs

FreightTrain

Banned
Are there any websites that show the W&D of various tugs?Thinking of getting a military one just to be different and have something I can cruise around at rallies and use at the dirt track for a Super 4wheeler.....Push the race car and drive around the pits.....As if driving teh deuce to the track wasn't odd ball enough....

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, they have a nine million to one gear ratio, so it will be hard to get there. (maybe leave for your destination a week in advance?) Odd ball is the norm here.

FreightTrain

Banned
well,I sure ain't gonna drive it TO the track.....I have the deuce for that....That is one reason why I want the W&D info.Figure out what kinda trailer I can get away with.Roll it off the trailer and drive it into the track.We have people running around on Cushman trucks(including one guy with a Military surplus one....that would be the former owner of Shorty's)

FreightTrain

Banned
Oh,just to ad.I thought about getting 2.Change out the axles with something Civy with 4.10 or better gears and tag it.Super jeep?....Maybe Blazer axles.....

jasonjc

Are you talking about the little one or the big one. They start as over sized lawnmorowers and go up to things that could out pull 4-5 deuces at one time. And they all wight 10x what you would think some thing that size would wight.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have one at work that we put an air compressor and made a push bar for it. We use it to air up and push dead vehicles up to the shop. It's 8 feet long and 4 1/2 feet wide and weighs 7000 lbs!

nhdiesel

My father has bought a couple of the tugs to use around his property and after looking them over, you can easily shed several thousand pounds off one. The best one he bought has a 4 cyl. Perkins, shuttle shift (lever to go between forward, neutral, and reverse), plus a 4 speed manual trans behind that. The bumpers must weigh close to 1000 lbs. each, and the very large side steps are filled with concrete for weight! Get rid of the steps and bumpers and I bet the weight would drop from the 12k lbs. it came with, to under 8000 lbs. There is plenty more that could be shed as well, because these things are WAY over built.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks