• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil plug on M35 air pack - how to remove?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's really stuck, might be a lost cause. You can remove the J shaped steel line and squirt it in there.

acetomatoco

Sometimes a little heat and a small pipe wrench or a big vise grip... do not try it until your air tanks are drained!! Remember the oil is special and called OHT... you can get it from Jatonka.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the oil, I use pneumatic tool lube oil, it it squirted into the large air chamber of the airpak and mixes with the air to lubricate the valves in the control section of the unit.
For stuck pipe plugs, I have been successful with an impact wrench used with a tight fitting socket and with care.

dabtl

I got lubed today at Travel America. I brought along a bottle of the pneumatic tool lube oil for the air pack.

The guy had some minor trouble removing the plug, squirted in the lube and all is well.

I am glad I was casually reading along today or I might never have caught that item.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks