• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New OD addict...

1stDeuce

Hello, my name is Chris and... I am becoming an OD addict.
I've been reading and watching GL for some time, and I finally won a truck from Chaimbersburg on Oct. 8th (or so...). Looks like it was air shipped recently, as the top is in the bed with the stake sides, and the exhaust is on the pass. floor. Won't see it 'till I pick it up. Anybody in the area with a coffee can, drop it over the open exhaust pipe please!! :)
By the looks of the GL pics, it needs the driver's seat recovered. Has mounts for 5-gal cans on the rear mudflap hangers too... Recent Middle-East duty perhaps?

Looking forward to getting it and finding out what this is all about!!

Attachments

Armada

Welcome 1stdeuce!!! Another Michigander, you can never have too many of them! :) You may want to post this in the deuce section also.
Good looking truck. I'm only 10-15 minutes north of you! Let me know when you get it and I can check it over with you. I'll drive mine down.

Mike_Pop

I bought my first military vehicle, a 1987 Unimog in 2002. Since then, I've owned seven more vehicles and twelve trailers. I never expected to get hooked like this! I love this addiction!

Good luck with your deuce and start making appointments with your psychiatrist. Unfortunately, there is no cure for the "Green Iron Bug"

TedG

Welcome Michigander!

The more green iron in MI the better! That appears to be a good looking truck. Have fun with it and make sure you take it to Ft. Custer, Clare and Grayling next year!

Regards from Eaton Rapids, MI.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck didnt see combat, and never saw the inside of an aircraft. I'll bet that it did see some time at Ft Drum durring AT, and thats the extent of it's "combat" experience..

The 369th Corps Support Battalion is a unit based in NY. The deployed a portion of the unit to OIF. Your truck got turned in to Watervillete DRMO when the unit picked up some FMTV's, then finally got shipped to GL in PA. Sometimes the process takes 2-3 years as getting trucks to GL isnt a priority for the NYNG, as it costs $ and the state doesnt get any benefit from it. The yard at Watervillete is pretty huge.. Good luck with your purchase, I hope the top wasnt off for too long...

pa.rich

!st duece? What are you going to do with that name when the green disease takes hold again, and it will!Ask me or my wife, she will tell ya!She almost had me sent away!But now she knows its the O.D. fever and it needs occasional green drab paint in site to care for me. :oops:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks