• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greasecar kit on a M1009

markmars

I'm looking to buy a Greasecar Kit in a few weeks to install on my M1009. Has any one else here used the Greasecar kit? How did you like it?

markmars

Well I bought the Kit and installed it over the Thanksgiving weekend. I drove it 100 miles after installing the kit it drove fine. I will be driving to back and forth to work this week (35 Miles one way) to see how it does.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great, keep us informed, and pics of the unit would be great! Those greasecar kits I have heard are great, but just watch for when the temp drops down below 40 degrees - the grease will solidify in the fuel lines and make your life a living heck.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for keeping us up on this project. My homemade dual tank system for the deuce is similar.
When switching from diesel to veggie, do you have a fixed purge time or is it instantaneous?
I built a system for a VW Rabbit last year and ended up with two separate sets of fuel lines and filters (heated), so there was no purge time needed. On the deuce and the 8x8, all fuel filters are the same for diesel and veggie, which requires a purge time of about 90 seconds.
Where did you place the veggie tank and what is its capacity?

markmars

When switching from diesel to veggie, do you have a fixed purge time or is it instantaneous? I flip a switch and purge for 60 seconds.

Where did you place the veggie tank and what is its capacity? Rear driver’s side across from the spare tire 15 gallons.

I’ve been driving it all week with morning lows in the 20’s when I leave the house for work. I let it get good and warm switch to vegetable oil, drive, and purge for 60 seconds from work so far no issues. The M1009 seems to like the VWO!
:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks