• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Large Surplus Trailers

1ton

I am curious about military equipment trailers, lowboys especally. Does anyone know about the pricing on these comparted to the norm? Also dependabilty and durablity compared to civilian normal. And do the use ndcc tires and split rims?

Desert Rat

1ton,

Usually the lowboys are in good structural condition but in need of new wood 90% of the time. They usually use an off shoot of the NDCC tires for the smaller and shorter lowboy. These tires can easily be converted to more common civy tires. As far as longevity, like anything else, it depends upon use.

Desert Rat

1ton,
Usually everything has wood (hardwood is mandated by federal law as a minimum legal standard). I'm planning to replace the wood on my car carrier with diamond plate once the money becomes available.

1ton

does anyone know how wide the the 60T and 62T low boys are. I all ready have a large on/off highway civvy tractor so i can pull them. I don't really want to deal with overwidth stuff i can help it since most of my stuff will fit down the road off a trailer. But i really need to get a equipment trailer b/c my goosenecks just aren't cutting it. :banghead:

Also i a pintle hitch trailer will work well with my dumptruck for the smaller stuff. I would like to know the military designations just to make looking around a bit eaiser. [^]

brock

1ton

Well that is just another MV(close enough) that is just begging for super singles. With a little trimming of the deck i could get it down to 102 inches and have a great trailer. The fact that i would even consider paying 10K (atleast) to do that much work just to get something OD (agian close enough) is really starting to scare me. I wish the roads out here were a bit wider and the bicyclist would all disappear :devil: and then i would think about ti but you can't drive a dually tractor around here on the highway with out either almost taking out roadsigns, mailboxes, other vehicles, AND the bycylists. But thankfully the key word is almost.

1ton

BTW i don't have any problems with bicylcists, i just wish more of them would use the bike trails. The worst is when a bunch of idiots group together and take up almost the whole lane.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're massive. I passed one sitting at a constrruction site in JAX FL. It was attached to the M123 tractor. Totally cool!

Desert Rat

Kenny,
So how many hours did it take to get from end to end ;)? Looking at your post I'm guessing the construction site had a few speed bumps too.....................

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gheez, I have no idea. With Jonathan on board I wasn't trying to se any records. Probably 21 or 22 hrs I'm guessing. We stopped frequently. The most we did in a day was 500 miles.

NEIOWA

Is there such thing as a low profile super single with a 12000lb + rating? If so sign us up for 8ea.

M747 tires are 15x19.5.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks