• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Urgent: Need AM1780 or part

Armada

Well, in the quest to get my VIC-1 working, it has been determined that a module is missing from in my AM-1780. The amp was new in the box, sealed from the factory. Can you believe it?! That's my usual luck.
I need to have a working amp installed this week before the big road trip. I have 2 options, get another amp or find a replacement module.
With the back of the amp removed it is the module that is mounted dead center, I'm not sure but it's either an A5 or A15 I think. Any body have a working amp or parts they want to get rid of? Any leads on who may carry parts? Fair Radio is out of AM1780's.
There is a guy named Mike Barranowski (sp?) that deals in military radio parts, does anyone have his number? Is there any place else I might check? Thanks for any help!
Paul

tbanks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AM1780

Mike Baranosky 570-779-0439 or 570-313-4537.Second generation dealer,dont know if he is the type to be changing modules.Try Bill Kagin 1-859-808-0836,currently building VIC kits for Uncle Sam.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: AM1780

The printed circuit board in the center with the transformers is the A-520 and it has an amplifier module mounted on it, the A-250, which one is missing, both?
I don't have amy spares, but it may help to be more specific.

Armada

RE: AM1780

Thanks tbanks.
Bjorn, I wish I could be more specific. I'm going by what ziggy said. He said it is the main module dead center about the size of a bar of soap or cigarettes, that plugs into the amp, 6-12 pins. I've tried to find a schematic or pic of it to help, but no luck. I will find out more.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

Ok, there was some confusion as to what the module number is thats missing in the amplifier...... it is the A520 circuit card which holds the A250 intercom amp as well as two transformers (also missing)........ One of my notebooks listed one of the transformers as being an A5 (which I mistakenly took for the whole assembly)......... Anyway, leads on the assembly would be great...... Even leads on just the two transformers would be useful as the rest can be fabricated rather easily from radio shack components..............

Ziggy

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ziggy, I have the pcb with the transformers and the A250 amp.
The connectors for the A250 amp are butchered, but can be put back together, the A520 board should be okay. I took it apart for the MVM article a few years ago....
I can lend it to you if you think you can use it. No time limit.
PM me a shipping address and I'll have it in the mail tomorrow.
BTW, I still have your battery box, didn't make it to Aberdeen. :oops:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks