• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MX-7777, VIC-1, and a M-1009

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I lucked out and obtained a VIC-1 system that I was wanting to install in my 1009.

Do I need the MX-7777 when using the VIC-1 within the M-1009? What are the benefits versus not installing one?

T.I.A.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
medlog said:
Do I need the MX-7777 when using the VIC-1 within the M-1009? What are the benefits versus not installing one? T.I.A.
The MX unit will protect the VIC-1 system from reverse polarity hook-up, load dump (caused by poor battery connections) and overload conditions. It is also a convenient way to switch the intercom and other systems on and off. The TM says to use it and I highly recommend it. Also the fun will continue, hunting for parts, cables etc. :)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
GGGRRRREEEEAAAAATTTTT! More time hunting for parts. I lucked into the VIC1. Guess what money I saved on it will go on the MX7777.

Thanks!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks