• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veterans Day Weekend NICMVPA Sunday

readyman

Cold, drizzly, overcast gray day, didn't dampen the spirits of the NICMVPA convoy to represent all vintage eras of Military Vehicles at the ceremonial opening of the 'Veterans Memorial Tollway' here at HomerGlen, Illinois.

What did bring me down was preventing the 105 Howitzer salute AND the 21 gun salute to fallen Veterans. This was at the last second by the Illinois 'gun grabbing' Democrat politicians at the event! I was parked next to the 105, and listened as officials threatened the Illinois Guard squad with arrest(?) if they use the105 during the salute(as was pre planned). Couldn't say how many vets walked up willing to take wrap and fire it for 'em during the salute, THAT did made me proud.

The Democrat mayor Daley preferred the American flag to be at the right of the stage during his speech?! What an insult. It was promptly and properly moved to the left of the stage by the remaining military officers that spoke during the rest of the event. After the first(and only) politician BS speech. the rest of the Veterans Day ceremony was strictly top shelf. The military speakers were inspired.

Short NICMVPA convoy video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPi_VHuKjiA

Enough, on wth the pics.

Attachments

BillIdaho

A bunch of good looking MV's.
Now what's this about somebody ( I think the word "democrat" was used) threatening to arrest military troops? I am wondering what the legalities are in that? If a soldier (I am under the impression that they were active duty, or National Guard/Reserve) is following orders, can some local polititian "arrest" that soldier for following orders?
Name names!!! Exactly who was it that threatened these soldiers? On this day of remembrance, I would only hope about 7 ba-zillion people write to their elected officials, the local media, and their state officials.

I am glad I moved OUT of that state.

Other than that incursion, it looks like a good time was had.

N1265

In my opinion , if this was all set up and approved threw the proper channels in advance, and the gun was set up in a safe manner / location ( witch I am sure it would be ) then they should of went ahead with the gun salute...

The Officer or the NCOIC should of Politely told the " official " that he needed orders from his operational chain of command NOT to fire the cannon during the ceremony.

If it was me in charge of the gun that day, I would of forced his hand and went ahead with the gun salute..... Even Assuming you could find a LEO willing to arrest the crew following lawful orders from their chain of command, l Hardly think you would find a jury to convict.... or a commanding officer willing to punish threw the UCMJ.

As for the Mayor insisting that the American Flag be on the right of the stage : Shouldn't the flag be on its OWN right ? Therefore as I understand it, If the American Flag is displayed ON the stage itself it would go on the right side of the stage ( witch would also be the speakers right ) If the flag is displayed in FRONT of the stage then it would go on the right side of the audience.......

When you say that the Mayor had the flag at the right of the stage I am thinking the Mayor had it rite.....

If I am mis-understanding this would someone please correct me ?

Thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks