• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip to Hammonds

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So I have been trying to organize a trip to Hammond's yard this weekend. I called on Monday from my cell, left a voicemail and got no call back. I called on Tuesday from a landline to make sure the message I left didn't fade out (like my cell sometimes does). I have not heard back from Buddy. I didn't call anymore cause I didn't want to pester. I was told by a couple of guys that I will not hear from him, I just need to show up. It was decided this morning that we would do that. Well, as I was leaving work, Another member,called me and said he got ahold of Buddy this morning and he said everything was gone. If you had ever been there, as of 3 weeks ago, the bridge trucks had not been touched. That alone would be hard to scrap out in 3 weeks. Now everything has been shot to sh1t. I don't know if everyone showing up for free tires has got on Buddy's nerves and he doesn't want to mess with visitors, or if its all gone and my hopes of an m819 crane are over. What do you think? Should I risk calling again? Call in 2 weeks? Just drown my sorrows in alcohol?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
go on over, take a good bottle of drink, sit down with buddy and kill the bottle

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Crown Royal!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was there 2 weeks ago. There is no way everything is gone. It's not possible. There is alot of stuff gone but if a big crew worked every day it would still take at least 6 months to clean up all that's left. Maybe he just don't want to deal with selling parts any more but he was more than happy to see me come by and get parts.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Recovry4x4 said:
Positive waves baby!
Moriarty, you and all the negativity!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No kenny, I was denied. Whats left of the truck is for sale for around 1200.00. He would not seperate it. I understand that is a great deal, but too rich for my blood. We picked up an ass load of those aluminum medic boxes that I got from Sermis at the Ga rally. 3 power steering pumps, and ALOT of other stuff. The 109 is 2/3 full. We are $350 lighter in the pockets, but I think we did well. There are no trucks left, I am sad to say, but LOTS and LOTS of parts here and there. I will have some pics to put up later but, we literaly spent from 12:00 when we showed up to nightfall gathering parts. I will go into more detail later, I am going to bed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you sell me 2 of those medboxes? If you can, let me know and i'll ship out some moneys. Guess I shoulda asked about a slave plug.

oilcan

That pass-side springer seat sure was nice. MV road trips are the only way to go!

And thank your pal again for letting us shack up at his place. Sure saved some headaches.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks