• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weapons & mounts?

Dieselsmoke

Okay, what about a weapon/replica and mounting systems forum...or would that be something best left to the actual vehicle section since most mounting systems would be pretty much vehicle specific?
On another note, I'd like to find 3 replica M1 Garands with stacking swivels. Stacking arms in the camp always looks cool and makes for a nice display. [:)]

And again on another note :rolleyes: sandbagged machine gun positions make for a really cool display....but who wants to lug around a ton of sand and stack them up :shocked: A guy in our club has his sandbags filled with sawdust, fills them up nicely and is lightweight enough to move around, yet heavy enough not to blow over :idea: [thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of course all y'all know the easiest way to fill sand bags right? If not take a few pieces of 2x4 lumber and fab up a rack to hold a traffic cone upside down. Cut the end off to suit your flow, pop the bag under and start shoveling.

Low-Tech-Redneck

one thing I've been really amazed at was the cost of replica machineguns for the deuce, there are movie prop companies that make ones out of stamped metal, but they cost almost 1000 bucks a piece or more if you want one that can fire blanks, (and that's for your basic replica m2hb) static ones, made of resin, with NO moving parts are cheaper by comparison, but even they cost about 300 to 500 bucks, I was really amazed.

rdixiemiller

There are kits available in the Shotgun News to make up replicas. they are usually made up of DeMil and condemned military parts, and a dummy receiver. They are not as cheap as the resin guns, although I have seem=n 30 calibers for around $350. they look and feel like the real thing, but have no internal parts.

Dieselsmoke

I saw some of those at the Tower Park meet. They look very realistic and for the price can't be beat. They are also designed to fit in standard mounts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks