• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical Dilema

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Until now I have not been stumped by electrical issues with all my 77 Dodges.

M880

Don't work:
Parking lights(taillights), front, back or side
Instrument lights.

Does work:
everything else

Have power at fuse
light switch checked
searched for loose connections.

Now I'm trying to find where that circuit grounds at?????????

acetomatoco

If the vehicle has the Mwo with black out lights, check the wiring under the fuse block on the dash top. lotsa problems there, also where the wiring harness enters the firewall over the driver's left foot...

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Electrical Dilema

badgmc56 said:
If power is coming out of the back of the switch, It's probably an open circut [broken wire] close to the switch or just before a splice.
Easier said then chased :?

What a PIA

can hardly wait to dig into a short in the same circuit of the W400 :twisted:
but I need the services of the M880 this weekend :(

McGuyver

RE: Re: RE: Electrical Dilema

I don't remember the exact symptoms, but I recall shortly after I installed the black out light kit, one of the relays that came with the B/O light kit suffered a premature death and burned out causing me to lose my lights (as I said I can't remember specific details.) Luckily the B/O light kit came with a spare relay used on the ambulances so I swapped that relay in and the lights worked again. Problem solved. The relay in question was the one that IIRC the kit instructions has you mount under the dash on the driver side near the parking brake. Might be worth investigating. Could be a quick easy fix for you.

majortom

RE: Re: RE: Electrical Dilema

Theres a Relay mounted next to the fuse box for the parking lights, when you turn the light switch on you sould hear it click if not full the glove box out you'll see the relay right there check the power there when you activate the light switch, i had the same thing happen to my truck.

P.S. leave the humvee tires on your truck looks cool that way

Goatwerks

Just a tip on your teminology, a "Short" in a circuit will blow a fuse, an"open" in a circuit is a broken or disconnected wire. A good test light and some time should get your problem solved 8)

N1265

I lost all the lights to the rear of my truck once, I had to replace the turn signal switch to fix them because the power for the lights ( at least to the rear) runs threw the turn signal switch....but I dont think I lost the front parking lights.

( cant remember )

There is a write up on this issue on another forum. I will try to find it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks