• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Panzer-Transporter MAZ 537G

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, with that thing, who needs a tank? :)

With the headights mounted so high up, is there another set to illuminate the area right in front of the vehicle?

kcimb

They way I figure, my head is about level with the front bumper. I am 5-10.

I'd love to drive this to those Anti-suv protests...

oilcan

Yup, 8. I'm just gonna have to have 8 wheels on the ground. I don't care what kind of mileage it gets, as long as it's MPG and not GPM.

Finlandia

MAZ-537G goes 2,3 MPG. It also eats engine oil, 47 MPG on that.

MAZ has a tank V12 diesel engine, 2380 cu inch, 525 horsepower. Engine has 4 cams, and 48 valves. Truck is 359 inch long, tyres are 18.00-24. Finnish army did had 10 of them, they were year model 1971 and 1977.

Liquid capacities:

Engine oil 24 gal
Cooling system 26 gal
Transmisson oil 28 gal
Brake fluid 2,6 gal
Fuel 221 gal

:shock:

oilcan

Well the mileage isn't too far off a 5 ton gasser, and the oil consumption sounds like stretch's cj2a at haspin.

Now I gotta find someone that wants to go "halvsies" for one. (I wish I knew how to spell words that don't exist)

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, just run through the left navigation bar on this site for some nice pics on what running around in the Czech Republic. The site's name just means "old trucks".

If anybody needs parts of an east-European truck, let me know. It's getting a bloody expensive hobby over here as well, but maybe I can help.

duncan

The 537 always had a special place in my heart, but it's even more outrageous than the Tatra 813.

It will be hard to get titled because its too wide, it only seats 4 people, you need a trailer to actually move something (and I dont think a regular trailer is high enough), and spare parts will be a total bitch to find.... Dont even get me started on the gas mileage, Im still getting used to 4.5mpg.

Who am I kidding, I still want one :mrgreen:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks