• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FONTANA scrap yard run #4

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Calling all Cali., Ariz., Nev., folks!!! On second thought...calling all interested folks!!!

The date is set. Saturday December 15th.

The gameplan will be the same as the previous 3 runs...

Meet at the Taco Shop just South of the Cherry St. exit off the 10 Fwy. around 11am.
Chow down on some of the best Mexi. food in Riverside County.
Caravan to the scrap yard.
Climb around on all the cool trucks, dig in boxes, crates and containers.
Buy lots of goodies.
Hopefully meet some new folks.
Have a fun day.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
groundog said:
:driver: need to get a pto and shift linksge for my winch---hope to be there----Groundog
Do you want me to ask the brothers ahead of time to have the parts ready for you?

groundog

:) that would be great help---I need the PTO,shift levers and linkage,winch driveshaft for a m-813 5 ton and possible level wind----It depends on money if I can get the level wind now or later Groundog

KaiserM109

I can't join you (lots of miles between us), but if someone has the opportunity to latch onto a couple of small items and send them to me, it would be appreciated greatly.

I have a '66 Kaiser-Jeep M109 (the one currently in my avatar). The panel on the right side that holds on the head light is mounted to the radiator frame by bolts with a rubber connection between them. I need 3 of them. It looks like that assembly took a whack head on and ripped them apart.

Something else to consider, I have manual steering by Armstrong and would like to convert it. Is there an assembly that can be removed from a scrap truck and bolted on? I have done this on Jeeps, Ford pickups and Broncos quite successfuly and want to do it to this truck. I would like to keep it authentic, if possible, but that is not a hard-fast requirement.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Arlyn

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kaiser,

can you post a picture? It would help. They have lots of stripped cabs etc. to root around on.

KaiserM109

bigmike said:
Kaiser,

can you post a picture? It would help. They have lots of stripped cabs etc. to root around on.
I'll try to get a shot of it. It's kinda hard to see if it isn't taken apart; it took me a while to figure out why the panel was loose. I have to go to the storage yard tomorrow, so I'll make sure I take a camera.

JDToumanian

The panel on the right side that holds on the head light is mounted to the radiator frame by bolts with a rubber connection between them.
Napa has stuff like that, in their drawers of "Dorman" hardware. Bring a good one or both halves of a bad one so they can match it up. It's a standard vibration dampening mount.

Cool. I can't think of anything in particular that I need, but I'll probably go there anyway.
Me too. I won't take the day off work, but I'll go if I can (I'll be on-call) just for fun.

Jon

nf6x

Feral Engineer
JDToumanian said:
The panel on the right side that holds on the head light is mounted to the radiator frame by bolts with a rubber connection between them.
Napa has stuff like that, in their drawers of "Dorman" hardware. Bring a good one or both halves of a bad one so they can match it up. It's a standard vibration dampening mount.
http://www.mcmaster.com/ has those, too, if you don't feel like trekking to the nearest NAPA. Search for "shockmount", and they should show up on the first page. You may need to guess about the rubber stiffness, though.

groundog

:driver: BIg Mike-were you able to talk to the brothers about the winch parts? hope to pick up parts and head back to Phx sat pm--Groundog

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
groundog said:
:driver: BIg Mike-were you able to talk to the brothers about the winch parts? hope to pick up parts and head back to Phx sat pm--Groundog
Not yet...I'll try to contact them tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks