• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

im an active duty soldier looking 4 n m988

m0ms0n28

im an active duty soldier looking 4 n m988... i heard of people purchasing so called "junk" m998 and fixing them up....can someone help me out... im a newcomer n i just enlisted 2006 at age 19 and im still learning... this is the vehicle of my dreams.... just to have a piece of it (working or not) with the potential to rebuild this beautiful machine would just... dang, no words can describe.... but if any of u wise experienced old timers can show me the ropes that would be great....
~Chris da Krazy Hawaiian

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That wanna-be HMMWV looks gay. Tires are too small and it just doesn't look "right".

As far as a real HMMWV, they are out there, but expect to pay $14-15K for a beater repairable one, and $30K or so for a really nice one. Sounds expensive, but have you priced NEW commercial pickups today?

Elwenil

I've seen some nice homemade HMMWVs before but that thing is retarded looking. It amazes me that someone is willing to do all the sheetmetal work but refuses to do anything about the wheelbase being too long, lol.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chris da Krazy Hawaiian:
Welcome to SS. I am sure you find all the Humvee help you need here. I deleted your poll because we try not to get into politics on this site. People tend to get pissed off at each other and that interferes with more constructive MV conversations. I also moved your topic to the HMMWV forum where it will get a lot more attention.

Thanks for your service and don't give up on your dream of HMMWV ownership.

TedG

Welcome!

There is one for sale here in MI currently in this forum and it comes with a LOT of parts! Send him a pm/email and have a look!

Thanks for your service!

Regards,

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is a humvee up in Dayton for sale. I don't know what model, but it is military. I can find out more if you like.

DanMartin

Idaho Motor Pool (http://www.idahomotorpool.com) has a real M1026 for sale. They want $36,000 for it, but it looks totally restored to me. IMP is a great place and I'm sure this thing is tip-top.

M1026 HMMWV Real Military Hummer. Not that silly plastic imitation the Govenator All-nold drives. 1987 Slant Back with all of the goodies; Winch, Gunners Stand, Ring Mount, Radial Tires, non swelling glow plugs, Idaho Title, less than 20,000 miles. The only modification is a military key switch for the Ignition Switch. Ready for your M60 and a can of Whoop-Ass. This one does have an Idaho Title. Drive it home for $36,000

Check out their site for pics.

Pômaika`i!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I read your heading I first thought maybe you had lost one while out on patrol or something :wink: .

bigkofjustice

Some places you can check with HMMWV's for sale are www.usedh1.com. Blair mostly deals with H1's but there are a few HMMWV's restored and unrestored that he brokers.

Theres a few that pop up from time to time on the Humvee.net forums in the classified section. There is a forum member there who just put up his which is at:

http://tinyurl.com/238tet

You can sometimes get crazy deals but you better have the cash ready. There was a guy over in Santa Maria/Pismo Beach area who picked up a M998 A2 [!] for about 18 grand. everyone I knew was falling over themselves trying to buy it but it sold within a few hours.

From what I heard it got flipped to a movie production company. :(

/edit

Sorry I didn't notice that HMMWV was posted in the next thread by the owner :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks